[rt-users] Emails to Queue Alias, still merge to other queue

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 16 12:11:17 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:23:48AM +0200, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
> > Is there any way to force RT to respect the incoming email/queue from
> > rt-mailgate over merging by the ticket numbers (when this type of thing
> > occurs)?

As I believe has been said, but I'll repeat it.
Using the ticket id instead of the incoming email is a feature of RT.

For example, it allows me to move a ticket from development to sales
when we need to get something quoted back and a user can email any
address and have it routed.

> no, you have to patch RT (lib/RT/Interfaces/Email.pm:sub Gateway) or
> disallow the user to send a mail to a queue where the ticket doesn't
> belong to, by writing a MailPlugin
> (http://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/rt-mailgate.html#WRITING-PLUGINS).

Alternately, you can use the same code used by the RepliesToResolved
plugin which forces new ticket creation if the replied to ticket is in
an inactive state.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-repliestoresolved

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT/Interface/Email.html#ExtractTicketId

Hopefully soon we'll release a backport of the new gateway we're
developing for 4.4 which would also make plugging this in easier.

-kevin