[rt-users] Handful of users showing up in owner dropdown but have no access

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 16 12:34:45 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:56:38AM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
> I did that query and it returned 26 rows.
> All of the returned rows say the PrinicpalType is Group, which I would assume
> means the 'OwnTicket' right is not granted to a specific user anywhere in RT.

Nope, every user in RT has a group for ACLs, it's in fact called an
ACL Equivalence Group.

You should look at the Object* columns and also chase out to the
actual Principals for those PrincipalIds (you may need to get a group
and then get it's member and then get the user for ACL Equivalence
Groups).

> With this information I did some more investigating to understand the symptom
> better. It looks like these users only show up in the owner dropdown of Queues
> that existed prior to our upgrade from 3.2.1 -> 3.8.10.

Most of those changes were related to Custom Fields, not Ownership,
however it's possible you have some old configurations on a disabled
queue from your 3.2 days that has been forgotten.

-kevin