[rt-users] Use of rt::extension::import::csv

Mervini, Joseph A jamervi at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 4 12:27:10 EDT 2014

Hi,

We have been running rt4.0.x for quite a while using the assettracker plugin and it works quite well. We would like to move to the current version of RT and using bestpractical's own asset tracker plugin but we have a lot of assets that we will need to move into the new database structure.

I have been trying to use the cvs import plugin/utility will no success. The documentation provided with the plugin in my mind is pretty much useless. I sent a message to the developer yesterday asking whether there were any test configuration and csv files available that could be used to create a working model (I would assume that some testing was performed to verify it works), but he said nothing was available and recommended that I ask the list.

I have been using the script provided by the plugin and would like to use an external config file as opposed to sticking the requirements in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file. If anyone has anything they can share, it would be greatly appreciated.

====

Joe Mervini
Sandia National Laboratories
High Performance Computing