[rt-users] Problem in searching date

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 5 09:25:59 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 04:46:35PM +0800, Chrilly Cheng wrote:
> I found the cause of this issue. It's not a problem with "midnight Sunday" or
> something, it is about the Custom Field. I set the build-in Starts date to
> "Proposed Start Time(GMT)", then run "Queue = 'ChangeRequest' AND Status !=
> 'Closed'  AND Starts > 'midnight Sunday before last' ", it returns the expected
> results. But when I change Starts to "'CF.{Proposed Start Time(GMT)}'", it
> returns nothing.
>
> Does 'CF.{Proposed Start Time(GMT)}' return a datetime value? Or, how can I set
> Starts and Due date in scrip?

If what you want to do didn't work, I wouldn't have told you to keep
trying it.  What you tried to do works perfectly fine for me locally
on 4.2-trunk (what was released last night as 4.2.7rc1).  With all the
caveats I pointed out about time zones and parsing of sunday.  See my
example.

You've never stated your RT version that I can see, so I assume you're
using a version that didn't support this.

If you have an example of:
exact custom field configuration
data in CFs
query written and *executed* using the script I sent so that we see
the SQL produced, then we can look deeper.

-kevin