[rt-users] Using the CLI to create a ticket with custom fields

Javier Cacheiro Javier.Cacheiro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 07:25:16 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I am trying to create a ticket from the CLI that includes customs fields.

rt create -t ticket set subject="Test ticket created with CLI" set
queue=Sistemas set CF.{Tipo}=Incidencia

The ticket is created buy I get an error message about the custom field:

# Invalid custom field name (tipo)

Actually the custom field content is not set in the ticket.

I have also tried using the CLI edit option but I get the same error (also
letting the editor that pop up and filling the CF):

[alcachi at rt ~]$ rt edit ticket/28302 set CF.{Tipo}='Incidencia'
# tipo: Unknown custom field.

id: ticket/28302
cf.{tipo}: Incidencia

I have checked the name of the CF is right because if I set the CF from the
web interface and the use the show CLI option it works fine:

[alcachi at rt ~]$ rt show ticket/28302 -f CF.{Tipo}
id: ticket/28302
CF.{Tipo}: Incidencia

I am using an old version of RT (3.8.9). Does the CLI support creating
tickets with custom fields?

Thanks in advance