[rt-users] Reply-To - Friendly Display Name Missing

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 16 09:32:33 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:51:37AM -0700, wrender wrote:

> This seems to cause Microsoft Outlook 2013 to not populate the user in the
> Autocomplete email addresses it stores.  Ideally this would populate so the
> people using Outlook could type the RT Staff name, and it would come up in
> their Outlook.   Would it be possible to modify RT mail headers to something
> like this?

> From: RT Staff Name <support at ourdomain.com>
>
> Or also, if we would just disable the Reply-To mail header completely in RT,
> and just use a From: at all times I believe this would also work.

You can try having an Empty Reply-To: header in your template to
prevent RT from setting one itself.

Any changes you want to make to this can be done in
lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm, the Reply-To setting should be pretty
obvious.

If it improves outlook for you, sending along a patch with an
explanation would be great.

-kevin