[rt-users] Assigning HeldBy users during Asset Import

Mitch Kyser mkyser at albion.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:27:57 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the response.  I took a look at
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-Assets-Import-CSV/lib/RT/Extension/Assets/Import/
CSV.PM and removed the check you suggested by commenting out lines 64 thru
67;

#if ( not RT::Asset->Role($fieldname)->{Single}) {
#    RT->Logger->warning( "Role name $fieldname must be single-value for
"._column($field2csv->{$fieldname}).", skipping");
#    delete $field2csv->{$fieldname};
#}

Instead of the single warning I got one for each asset I tried to update
that had a username to be placed in the HeldBy field;

[error]: Failed to set HeldBy to mkyser for row 5408: No valid Type
specified
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Extension-Assets-Import-CSV/lib/RT/Extension/Assets/Import/CSV.pm:178)

When I tried using 'Owner' instead of 'HeldBy' I got the same results.

I will see what it takes to submit a bug report like you suggested, then
submit one.

I am seeing similar things when I try to use the Bulk Update feature with
HeldBy, no error message but no change in HeldBy either.

Thanks again.

Mitch

--
Mitch Kyser