[rt-users] Misidentified requestor

Burton Lee burton.lee at mileweb.com
Mon Sep 29 19:11:17 EDT 2014

Hello,
I'm running RT 4.2.5 and have a problem with the requestor of a ticket
being misidentified when it goes through a mailing list.

We use  Google mail for a domain. Let's call it domain.com.

system at alias at ticket.domain.com.

If I send an email directly to alias at ticket.domain.com, then the Scrip to
create an auto reply to the requestor works as expected.  I get the auto
reply, and I appear as the requestor of the ticket.

HOWEVER, if I send to support at domain.com, the message is forwarded into the
RT system and generates a new ticket.  But:
a) the requestor is misidentified as support at domain.com instead of the
address I sent from.
b) also /var/log/messages has an error when trying to run the scrip:
"No recipients found. Not sending."

How exactly does RT identify the requestor?

If I look at the message headers inside the ticket created through
support at domain.com, there are actually two Mail headers which have the real
original sender:  From: and X-Original-Sender.
I believe the latter was inserted by Google.

How can I get Request Tracker to use the original sender as the requestor
instead of the mailing list and to get the notification to go to that
original sender?

Thanks for any insights!