[rt-users] slowness in RT when creating a ticket

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 28 11:25:39 EDT 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:20:44 +0100 ABD EL MALEK BOUBARNOUS
<abdelmalekboubarnous at student.emi.ac.ma> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Please stop cross-posting.  Your questions are best suited for
rt-users, not rt-devel.

> I've just deployed RT 4.2 on Apache2 in my localhost machine, I also
> configured it to send mails with sendmail mail transfer agent, since then
> I'm experiencing slowness when creating tickets,(it takes about a minute).
>
> Does anyone know why is that due to ? is it sendmail ?

It is almost certainly due to your mail configuration.  Most folks
doing local testing set in their RT_SiteConfig.pm:

   Set( $MailCommand, 'testfile' );

...which logs mail to a file rather than attempting to send it.
 - Alex