[rt-users] rt-mailgate ignoring --no-verify-ssl?

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Thu Apr 30 00:01:01 EDT 2015

Mailgate has been driving me nuts.  I downloaded 4.2.10 and set it up
on a bright, shiny new server.

I'm running fetchmail on my RT box using the following to send tickets to RT:

poll mail.mydomain.tld with protocol pop3
   username engineering password -redacted- mda
"/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --no-verify-ssl --queue engineering --action
correspond --url https://tickets.mydomain.tld --debug"

Fetchmail complains about the MDA erroring out.  Increasing fetchmail
debugging shows:

fetchmail: about to deliver with: /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate
--no-verify-ssl --queue engineering --action correspond --url
https://tickets.mydomain.tld/ --debug
#***/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/Ax6Or2dgc1/23FBulXCfc'
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to
https://tickets.mydomain.tld//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
HTTP request failed: 500 Can't connect to tickets.mydomain.tld:443
(certificate verify failed). Your webserver logs may have more
information or there may be a network problem.

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: undefined server error
fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
 not flushed
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT

I even get an SSL error when running from the command line:

root at tickets:/opt# /opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --no-verify-ssl --queue
engineering --action correspond --url https://tickets.mydomain.tld/
--debug
test <ctrl+d>
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: temp file is '/tmp/9vlYhx9C9X/kI4IQo0RRw'
/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: connecting to
https://tickets.mydomain.tld//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
HTTP request failed: 500 Can't connect to tickets.mydomain.tld:443
(certificate verify failed). Your webserver logs may have more
information or there may be a network problem.

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate: undefined server error
root at tickets:/opt#

It's acting like it's ignoring --no-verify-ssl.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-A