[rt-users] RT not sending out email on Forward

Jérôme Charaoui jcharaoui at cmaisonneuve.qc.ca
Fri Aug 7 15:08:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

I just upgraded RT from 4.0.19 to 4.2.8 on a Debian jessie system.

One issue I haven't had any success in solving is that Forward
operations on tickets and transactions do not actually send out any
mail, even though they appear to be successful to the user. A
"forwarded" transaction is recorded in the ticket history, although no
"outgoing mail" transaction is created. I've made sure to test this with
an email address completely outside of RT and with tickets containing
correspondence (not only comments).

What's more, other RT operations such as Correspond do actually send out
mail without any issues, so I'm confident I can rule out any issue with
the MTA.

I've looked at the logs (up to 'debug' level) in the hopes of catching
an error, to no avail. The MTA's log doesn't contain any traces of these
forwarded messages. I've checked permissions (granted) and templates
(contain default values) related to forwarding, and still, everything
appears normal.

Thanks,

--
Jérôme Charaoui