[rt-users] Forward ticket with complete history and attachments (refresh)

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Aug 11 08:40:12 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:53 AM, Piotr Mańturzyk (NooxTechnologies)
<piotr.manturzyk at nooxtech.pl> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I'm close to the solution.
>
> The most important thing is to include comments:
>

> file ~/rt4/lib/RT/Action/SendForward.pm line 97:
>
> VALUE => [qw(Create Correspond Comment)],
>

> To make RT also to forward Forward transactions (while forwarding you can
> add message too), you need
>
> VALUE => [qw(Create Correspond Comment Forward Ticket)],
>

> The problem is that the name of this transactions contain space and is
> treated as two separate transactions types (i.e. Forward and Ticket).
>

> This trick below does not work:
>
> VALUE => [qw(Create Correspond Comment "Forward\ Ticket")],

If your array has spaces in the items, then the perl function qw isn't
what you want. Just use a list:

VALUE => [
    'Create',
    'Correspond',
    'Comment',
    'Forward Ticket',
],

or you could intermix qw into the list, but that is unsightly:

VALUE => [
    qw(Create Correspond Comment),
    'Forward Ticket',
],

> I renamed the transaction type in the database and it works as expected.

I wouldn't do that. Touching the DB seems to be the wrong approach.

-m