[rt-users] setting up auto reply to only work on certain queues.

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:11:11 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 6:11 AM, norman <norbking at live.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
> I have a setup where if a ticket is created rt will send a message to the
> requester automatically. This is set up to do this for all my queues.
> However, i now have a queue that i need to turn this off on. Looking at
> global scripts i see the "on transaction create send auto reply" script. I
> can disable this by setting the stage. However, i can't figure out how to
> add a script to the queues that need the auto reply functionality.
> In other words, is it possible to have a script only work on certain queues
> and if so, what am i missing?

You can certainly turn off the scrip (Note: no 't' at the end of the
word) for a given queue. I believe applying scrips per queue showed up
in 4.2. But you can achieve the same functionality with a custom scrip
condition:

Here is a custom scrip condition that we use:

($self->TransactionObj->Type || '') eq 'Create'
&&
($self->TicketObj->Status || '') ne 'resolved'
&&
$self->TicketObj->Owner == RT::Nobody->id
&&
($self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name || '') !~ /^(?:SIRT)$/

FWIW, RT does not support negative ACLs natively at this point. That
is you can't have a global scrip and then say "don't apply to this one
queue". That has to be done with a custom scrip condition.

-m