[rt-users] Problem with extension RepeatTicket

Moose max.deasy at southwestern.ie
Thu Aug 20 04:21:19 EDT 2015

I just set up the RepeatTicket extension last week - for the first time. I've
been doing some testing and it seems to all be working. Here is how I
installed it (for reference).

1. Install the extension manually (allowing CPAN to update dependencies
following the "make" command).
   - 1.1 Ensure to run "make initdb" after successful installation.
2. Add the extension to the plugins at the beginning of RT_SiteConfig.pm -
(Use "Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::RepeatTicket));" for RT4.0 and up).
   - 2.1 If there is more than one extension add it like this -
     "Set(@Plugins, qw(
        RT::Extension::LDAPImport
        RT::Extension::RepeatTicket
     ));"
3. Configure RepeatTicket defaults in RT_SiteConfig.pm. Add these lines:
   - "Set($RepeatTicketCoexistentNumber, 1);"
   - "Set($RepeatTicketLeadTime, 7);"
   - "Set($RepeatTicketSubjectFormat, '__Due__ __Subject__');"
4. Find the file "rt-repeat-ticket". It is in the folder "/bin" of the
RT-RepeatTicket installation. For me that was
"usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-RepeatTicket/bin".
5. Create a cronjob - as root user - by typing "crontab -e". Mine looks like
this: "0 08 * * *
/usr/local/share/request-tracker4/plugins/RT-Extension-RepeatTicket/bin/rt-repeat-ticket".
(This will run at 8:00am every morning).
6. Clear RT's mason cache and reboot apache.

You should now be able to configure the rest of the settings from the
"Recurrence" tab on a ticket.  I have a ticket set to only repeat on Friday
of each week and it just fired as expected this morning - no extra instances
for the previous days of the week.

Hope this helps...

- Max