[rt-users] usernames which contain only numbers

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Aug 24 11:04:19 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Tissona Yossi <yossit at hdq.colman.ac.il> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would someone found a solution for change the username field to be numeric?

I don't think this will work very well, but if I were to take a stab I
might look at hacking the source and removing the sequence from the
database for the user id field. Then change the admin interface to
create users and put in a field for setting the id. You can then use
the same "string" for the id and the name (username) field. There are
a truckload of issues with this, namely when new users need to be auto
created (like email coming into the system) that will blow up.

Good luck!

-m