[rt-users] Transfer Tickets Between Instances

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 10 13:07:23 EST 2015

Hi Matt,

Yes, you can absolutely transfer tickets between instances. The
difficulty depends on how you define transfer:

* Very light-weight, tickets between the instances can "talk" to each
other via email. The metadata stays separate, but the discussion is
reflected in the history on both sides.

* If some users have access to both, you can put links to mirrored
tickets in the Links section.

* You can create a menu action that says "Send to other RT" and copy all
of the key metadata from instance 1 and creating a new ticket in instance 2.

* If you want the full transaction history to be copied, it's more involved.

* If you want the tickets to talk to each other and keep everything in
sync it can get much more involved (think every CF update needs to be
sync'd, etc.).

Best Practical has done variations on all of these for customers in the
past. The depth of the integration really depends on the use cases. Let
us know if you think we could help.

Jim