[rt-users] ways to backup RT 4

Bob Shaker rshaker at ARDENCOMPANIES.COM
Tue Dec 15 08:36:26 EST 2015

While we're on the subject, I attached a script (as a .txt to get around email filters, but it's a bash script) I made some time ago that will backup the /opt/rt4, and use rt-serialize to create a backup of the DB.
The mason cache is cleared by cron every morning at 2am, and this script runs at 3am.
External services then send everything to cloud storage once it's collected into /backup.

I'm not sure how reliable the return code-based error checking is, so there's log collection services that check the serializer log on their own.

I'm open to suggestions. Hope the attachment goes through.

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Matt Zagrabelny
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:44 PM
To: Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>
Cc: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] ways to backup RT 4

Hi Boris,

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello listamates,
>
> Is there a way - by way or a script of plugin/extension of some sort -
> to back up the RT DB and configuration/custom images, etc. in one fell swoop?

I'm not aware of any "one ring to rule them all" backup utility for RT. The training docs from BP reference:

DB backups (mysql, pg, whatever)
/opt/rt4, except /opt/rt4/var/{mason,session}_data /etc/aliases
/etc/apache2
wherever your cronjobs live
fetchmail config / mail relay config /etc

-m

ARDEN
A Global Company
Celebrating over 50 years of making your life more comfortable!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

This OUTBOUND E-mail and Document(s) has been scanned by an Antivirus Server.