[rt-users] Additional Watcher Type

Stefan Rein sr at ilk.net
Wed Dec 23 13:51:25 EST 2015

Hello,

wie have configured our Scrips in RT 4.0.7.

we disabled "On Comment Notify AdminCcs", because wie normally don't
want to notify comments to AdminCcs, too many mail noise.

Our scrips:
 - Owner gets corresponds and comments.
 - Admin-Cc gets corresponds

Now, in some cases, it would be helpful for some stuff members, to get comments
anyway, and it is not secure to tell the agents of a ticket to put in the
correct names in the "One Time AdminCc" field.

Is there another way besides implementation of an additional
watcher group and configure the scrips for this new group to
get the comments?

I noticed additional watchers in the RT of mit.edu:
http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/Request+Tracker+watchers+and+permissions+explained
Is there anywhere a tutorial for adding a new watcher group?
Which files would I have to edit?

Thanks - Steffi