[rt-users] changing ticket owner causes crash

Alexander Reintzsch alexander.reintzsch at netsystem.de
Thu Feb 5 12:30:58 EST 2015

On 05.02.2015 at 17:39 Alex Vandiver wrote:

Hello Alex,
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:37:03 +0000 Alexander Reintzsch
> <Alexander.Reintzsch at netsystem.de> wrote:
> > I have a problem, which seems to exist for quite some time in request
> > tracker.
>
> You didn't saw what version of RT you're running.

Sorry, in deed I forgot. It is RT 4.2.9.

> > Here an old description:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/41122
> >
> > My Problem seems to be the same.
> >
> > The user that is the owner of the ticket had been deactivated.
> > Afterwards the ticket had to get a new owner.
> > I wanted to do this by changing the owner in the »People« menu of the
> > ticket. This failed.
> >
> > The log showed:
> > [8647] [Thu Feb  5 12:24:19 2015] [warning]: Couldn't delete cached
> > group submember 29891 (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/GroupMember.pm:343)
>
> This is a symptom of database corruption.  Did you modify your
> database by hand, or have disk problems at any point?
I didn't change anything by hand. Disk problems could have been. The ticket ist about 7 month old an there was some Problem with the databaseserver's disk some time ago.

Seems there is only one ticket effected. :)

> Back up your database, then run rt-validator --check --resolve
I'll did that after your advice.

It found some defects, which I allowed to replace.

And it worked. :D Thank you very much. The Problem is gone. I can change the owner now.

Cheers,
Alex