[rt-users] Upgrade fail

Joshua Lansford joshua.lansford at laserlinc.com
Fri Feb 6 13:44:06 EST 2015

Ok.  So I have done some additional investigation and here is what I have
found.  The new Queues table has two new fields named Lifecycle and
SubjectTag.  Lifecycle field is accessed in the RT::Init which is called at
the top of action_insert before it can do the insert portion of the first
upgrade step... I think.  It is looking like the code is assuming stuff
about the database structure which isn't true just in trying to set up to
do the upgrade steps.

I suppose this means I am trying to jump too many versions at once and I
need to do an intermediate upgrade at an intermediate step.  Probably at
the version which introduces these columns.  If that version couldn't have
upgraded everyone would have gotten stuck.

Sound plausible?
~Joshua