[rt-users] save addresses on tickets

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Mon Jan 5 06:00:10 EST 2015

Am 12.12.2014 um 13:33 schrieb Alex Peters:
> Do you have the option of using a multi-line custom field and writing
> one address per line?
>
> As far as I can see, that's the only really sane way to store multiple
> free-form values per ticket.
I recently got the info from my users that we also need to group by
address (Charts), so this isn't possible with you suggestion.

> This is a bit "dirtier," but could you create an "Address" queue, an
> Address ticket for each address and then just link the other tickets to
> the Address tickets as needed?  This would at least make searching for
> tickets by address very easy.
Interesting idea.
I currently investigate if your above solution fits better or if I
create a new Address object which I can link to tickets. This requires
more coding but would be the cleaner solution.