[rt-users] setting a password for a user

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jan 15 23:34:44 EST 2015

The discussion thread you've linked to concerns LDAP, and doesn't seem
relevant to your case.

If you have the correct privileges (which you seem to), the Modify screen
for another user will have three password boxes: the top one for you to
confirm your password, and the bottom two to actually change the user's
password.  I assume that the requirement to enter your own password at this
stage is for added security, i.e. to prevent someone else using your
logged-in account to gain access to other people's accounts.

Does this resolve things?