[rt-users] Problem with attachments

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 29 15:06:46 EST 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:53:53 +0000 Guadagnino Cristiano
<guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it> wrote:
> Unfortunately we send attachments very rarely, so I cannot exactly
> say when this behaviour started. It could be that it started from the
> day I upgraded our installation from 4.2.3 to 4.2.9 (in december), or
> later when I added/upgraded some extensions
> (RT-Extension-Announce-1.00, rt-extension-customfieldsonupdate,
> RT-Extension-SpawnLinkedTicketInQueue-1.01).

You may wish to try disabling those extensions temporarily to see if
that helps resolve the issue.  However, see below.

> I just finished examining RT's log (in debug mode), regarding a test
> ticket I created and then resolved adding an attachment. There is no
> error at all in the log, let  alone a warning message that says
>
> [warning]: Couldn't load object RT::Transaction #0
> (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:3026)
>
> but I don't think this is a real problem, since we had have this type
> of message for a long time with no apparent symptoms (please reply if
> I'm wrong).

That warning is extremely worrisome, and I expect the cause of your
problem.  You should run `/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-validator`.

 - Alex