[rt-users] Edit User Information without Admin rights

Todd Wade todd at bestpractical.com
Sat Jul 11 13:41:56 EDT 2015

On 7/10/15 1:06 PM, maks wrote:
> I am wondering how you handle customer user creation and editing. Upon
> creating a ticket with a new requester email a user is created however
> non admin staff accounts cannot edit the Real Name, Email Address, or
> Name fields for the new customer.
> If I log in under the administrator account I can utilize the users menu
> to make changes however I wouldn't want to give everyone admin access of
> course.

Hi There,

You'll want to create a group and make the members the people that you
want to be able to edit users (unless you already have a group of these
types of people).

Then in the global group rights enter the group name in the 'ADD GROUP'
field and then grant the group the 'ShowConfigTab' and 'AdminUsers'
rights under the 'Rights for Administrators' tab.

Unfortunately this will let them see the other links in the Admin menu,
but if they try to access data in any of the links they will get
'Permission Denied'