[rt-users] [rt-devel] Need help

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Jul 14 12:06:04 EDT 2015

Hello,

This question is better suited for rt-users. I've tweaked the reply
above to move it over.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Guiguemde Jacques Rodrigue
<rodyk.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> In my manipulations I activated an option that transforms the field
> involved in the creation of a ticket. This field initially
> a dropdown. But now he becomes textbox field with the default value
> Nobody.

Okay.

> I'd really like to reaffirm this combo.

It could have happened due to the number of users who have the
OwnTicket right granted to them. If the number of users with that
right exceed 50, then RT automatically makes the input an autocomplete
instead of drop down.

https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/RT_Config.html#AutocompleteOwners

If you really want to always force a drop down and you have more than
50 users with OwnTicket right, then you can create your own callback:

from share/html/Elements/SelectOwnerDropdown

my $dropdown_limit = 50;
$m->callback( CallbackName => 'ModifyDropdownLimit', DropdownLimit =>
\$dropdown_limit );

and set it to something big.

-m