[rt-users] Creating Tickets in RT with a redirected email

Jeff Smith jsmith at hoosiercancer.org
Tue Jul 28 09:34:57 EDT 2015

Greetings,

I have installed RT and have successfully created the users and queues I need to begin managing requests.  Emails addressed to queuename at myrt.blah<mailto:queuename at myrt.blah> create a ticket and the autoreply generates exactly as expected.

For consistency on the user side (and a management edict), I've been told that I have to maintain my existing support email addresses.  So, I must redirect messages send to myoldhelpdeskemail at mymailserver.net<mailto:myoldhelpdeskemail at mymailserver.net> to queuename at myrt.blah<mailto:queuename at myrt.blah> .   I will have to do this for at least three queues. I have done this with an Exchange inbox redirect rule.

When I do this, tickets create, but the autoresponse doesn't fire.

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can correct this?  I used and maintained RT at another organization, but they had a Virtual Post Office that handled the redirection and delivery.  I do not  have such a setup available to me here.

Thank you for your input!