[rt-users] RT 4.2.10 crash

Todd Wade todd at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 10 21:18:12 EDT 2015

On 6/4/15 4:32 AM, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
> I have recently implemented approvals for one queue in our RT (v4.2.10).
>
> I am experiencing a crash, and I cannot find the reason for it.
> As soon as the approver approves a ticket, he gets an error message (see
> attached image001.png).
>
> The log is not very clear (not for me at least) on the reason for the crash.
>
>> [25336] [Wed Jun  3 15:14:27 2015] [error]: Died at
>> /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Rule.pm line 100.

Looking at the code, that error is because a RT template didn't load.
->Load probably returns an error message that should be logged, but its
pretty bad that your RT is crashing there.

Is this a clean install of 4.2.10? Or did you upgrade from a previous
version? If so, what version?

In general approvals are known to be working correctly, so its likely
something specific to the contents of your database, its somehow got in
to a bad state. You might want to check your database with
sbin/rt-validator:

https://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/rt-validator.html