[rt-users] Installation Question

Todd Wade todd at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 16 23:33:39 EDT 2015

On 6/16/15 8:55 PM, Barrett, Brian wrote:
> Working on setup RT on Red Hat.
>
> My question is what are the best repos to use for Red Hat 6.6 and or Red
> Hat 7.
>
> Seen some people use epe other have used the centos.

Do you mean 'EPEL' (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL) ?

EPEL is a set of extra packages that promises to not conflict with the
packages provided by the base system (rhel, centos, fedora, etc), so you
could use EPEL /within/ centos, but it wouldn't be used instead of centos.

Here are the notes I have for a centos 5 install for the system
dependencies:

yum groupinstall 'Development tools'
yum groupinstall 'MySQL Database'
yum groupinstall 'Web Server'

yum install mysql-devel
yum install gd-devel
yum install expat-devel
yum install graphviz-devel

# add epel repo to yum
rpm -i
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
yum install mod_fcgid

Notice how I use the EPEL repo for the mod_fcgid package, this is only
because it isn't available in the base packages.

Some additional system configuration I do is:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf
+ FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824

/etc/my.cnf
+max_allowed_packet=64M

With this base the system is ready for the GENERAL INSTALLATION in the
README.