[rt-users] RT 4.2.10: Renumber imported tickets -- solved

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Tue Jun 30 11:06:38 EDT 2015

Joop wrote:
>On 29-6-2015 2:26, Jeffrey Pilant wrote:
>> Joop wrote:
>>>>
>>> You can import a mysql export from the old version into the new database
>>> and then follow the upgrade instruction.
>>> So:
>>> - install new system, install RT according to the installation manual if
>>> you want to check if all is functional also run make initdb. If that
>>> works, make dropdb, import the old data and following the upgrade
>>> instructions paying attention to the fact that you're using mysql. My
>>> memory says that you need some additional steps besides make
>>> upgrade-database.
>> The upgrade-articles is the succeeding step I think you are thinking of.
>>
>> While I did not do "make dropdb", I did "drop database rt4" in mysql,
>> followed by "create database rt4", "use rt4", and "source <old-db-mysqldump>".
>> This let the RT4 tools access the old data, allowing the upgrade-database
>> and upgrade-articles.
>
>Sofar its OK. Your RT instance is usable from here.
>
>> The serializer exported the data to a neutral xml format.  I then reset
>> the database back to the clean-install's version I had previously saved.
>>
>> This loaded the old data into the new database, but changed the ticket numbers.
>
>Why the export, reset, import?
>There is, sofar as I know, nothing in the upgrade instructions that
>tells you to do this.

When the initial upgrade-in-place failed, I did not trust the database
was properly updated.  So I used the export/import to make sure I had
good data.

Following your suggestion of not doing that, the data seems OK, although
I still have lingering doubts.  Especially as I get these messages in the
Update from /opt/rt4/etc/upgrade/upgrade-articles:
* [critical]: Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::FM::Article"
*             (perhaps you forgot to load "RT::FM::Article"?) at
*             lib/RT/Transaction.pm line 1352. (lib/RT.pm:388)
* Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::FM::Article" (perhaps you
* forgot to load "RT::FM::Article"?) at lib/RT/Transaction.pm line 1352.

I went into mysql to change the existing "RT::FM::Article" entries into
"RT::Article", as this seems to be what it was doing.  I don't know if
it needed to make any other changes after this point.

/jeff
The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com