[rt-users] Improper display of ticket transaction's HTML

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Thu Mar 19 09:16:46 EDT 2015

On 3/11/2015 3:56 AM, Christian Loos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> upgrading to a more recent version of RT and installing HTML::Gumbo
> gives you tables in transactions (RT supports this since 4.2.6) [1].
>
> If you can't upgrade, you can use RT::Extension::PermissiveHTMLMail [2].
>
> Chris
>
> [1] https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/RT_Config.html#PreferRichText
> [2] https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-permissivehtmlmail

GOOD:

We've updated our test server to RT 4.2.10 and installed HTML::Gumbo per
the notes in the documentation for $PreferRichText. When
local/lib/RT/Interface/Web_Local.pm is configured to allow various table
attributes, including 'style', the transaction HTML now displays as a
table properly!

BAD:

But now there are various html, head, body tags on what seems to be only
search result blocks.

IIRC, image attachments are not allowed to the list. Here are 2
screenshots showing what I am talking about in case anyone wants to see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euca82h6qfagki1/rt-4210-broken.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym2ctowlo8qhmnf/rt-4210-broken2.jpg?dl=0

--
Jeff Blaine