[rt-users] Issue Upgrading from 3.8.8

II GG ig66166 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:15:52 EDT 2015

I have inherited a very old RT installation. I plan to upgrade from 3.8.8
to the latest RT 4.2.x version included with Debian stable.

I started with a full working installation of RT 4.2.8.

After importing the MySQL database data from the old server I used the
rt-setup-database script. This errors:

Processing 3.8.9
Now inserting data.
[1324] [Fri May  1 10:45:28 2015] [warning]: Resolver RT::URI::fsck_com_rt
could not parse fsck.com-rt://Vaioni/ticket/0, maybe Organization config
was changed? (/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/URI.pm:165)
Couldn't finish 'upgrade' step.

ERROR: One of initial functions failed: Target URI looks like local, but is
not parseable at /usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.8.9/content line
36, <$handle> line 1.

The Organization setting in RT-SiteConfig.pm matches the old installation.
As a test I tried changing to a random Organization and the upgrade script
continues but I can no longer login.

I am hoping the database hasn't been played with previously. Any ideas what
might be causing this?

Ian