[rt-users] rt-mailgate ignoring --no-verify-ssl?

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Fri May 1 13:06:02 EDT 2015

Fixed it.  Apparently --no-verify-ssl only deals with the hostname on
the certificate.

I added the following to the 'use' section at the top of rt-mailgate:

use IO::Socket::SSL;

and then in the get_useragent function, I added the following ssl_opts line:

    $ua->ssl_opts( SSL_verify_mode => IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_VERIFY_NONE );

Now my legitimately signed wildcard cert (*.mydomain.tld) doesn't
error out because of a bad hostname, or an untrusted cert in the
middle of the chain.

-A