[rt-users] "Projects" grouping

Darin Perusich darin at darins.net
Sat May 23 08:10:15 EDT 2015

Hello All,

I'd like to be able to classify a group a tickets, mark them as a
"project", and have that project be accessible under a Projects menu
available along the top of the RT interface which I can then select
and display only those tickets. For those that have used Jira I'm
basically looking to mimic, to an extent, how Projects are
treated/displayed in their ServiceDesk offering. I realize I "could"
create additional queues to facilitate this behaviour, however I do
not want the overhead associated with creating new queues, and want
these tickets to live under an existing queue.

I didn't see any existing extensions which provide this functionality
and am curious to know if anyone has wanted this behaviour and how
they've addressed it. Also, if this is something Best Practical has
implemented or has thoughts on I'd be interested in engaging them for
some custom development.

Thanks!

--
Later,