[rt-users] What's huge RT/Mysql

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Wed Nov 11 06:17:31 EST 2015

On Wednesday 11 of November 2015, Daniel Schwager wrote:
> Hi JAS,
>
> > For normal usage it works fast. The number of tickets is only a problem
> > for searching. Here we still use sphinx and searching is quite slow.
>
> ..
>
> > Going to try mysql builtin fulltext next (that won't fix session problem
> > but has potential to be faster).
>
> Currently, we are going to setup a system with sphinx & mysql 5.6 because
> of the sphinx-fulltext search feature.
>
> So, do you think mysql-5.7 with enabled mysql-fulltext feature is faster?

Why 5.7? For 5.7 is to early to use in production IMO.

I plan to go with 5.6 + fulltext. I didn't do any measures yet but it should
be on par with sphinx I think. The main advantage of mysql fulltext is that
there is no gap between ticket coming into system and sphinx indexer being
run.

> Can RT use the builtin mysql fulltext search by default without any
> changes?

It can in recent versions.

sphinx is considered deprecated I think (and buggy; doesn't make proper sql
queries because mysql optimization engine is allowed to optimize these in such
way that breaks sphinx way of working).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )