[rt-users] Option to Emulate another RT user from SuperUser

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Thu Nov 12 13:37:27 EST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 01:23:53PM -0500, Joe Kirby wrote:
> At time some folks on campus report that RT is slow for them.
>
> I try to create a test user with the same access but this does not always help me because they may have a lot of tickets or a dashboard item/report that I cannot emulate.
>
> Does RT have any built-in mechanism for SuperUser to do such a thing.
>
> We use single sign on and thus I am unable to override that.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe
>
> Joe Kirby ,  Assistant Vice President, Business Systems
> Division of Information Technology (DoIT)
> Support Response -   http://www.umbc.edu/doit
> Administration 627
> Office - 410-455-3020
> Email - kirby at umbc.edu

Hi Joe,

You might be able to set up an alternate frontend configured to use
local authentication. Then you could test with that by setting a local
password for the account. What version are you running and are you do
you have Set($UseSQLForACLChecks, 1) in your RT_SiteConfig.pm? Superuser
skips all of the access checks that regular accounts pass through.

Regards,
Ken