[rt-users] RT local override directory

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 17 15:56:30 EST 2015

On 17-11-2015 18:28, Adam Vande More wrote:
> I am trying to customize my RT installation on FreeBSD using the
> following link:
>
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CustomizingWithLocalDir
>
> However the local dir doesn't seem to used.  It works if I edit the
> base elements and delete the mason data.
>
> root at rt:~ # locate QuickCreate
> /usr/local/share/rt42/html/Elements/QuickCreate
> /usr/local/share/rt42/local/html/Elements/QuickCreate
>

> Is there some setting via RT_SiteConfig.pm or something which can
> define where local actually is? Or someway to find out where it thinks
> it should be?
RT_SiteConfig doesn't play a role in it. Have a look at (this is
rt-4.0.X) System-Configuration (Under Tools/Configuration/Tools/System
Configuration). It will show you quite a bit of RT internals including
what it thinks are its various paths to extensions/localdir
If you don't have that menu then you might not have enough rights.

Joop