[rt-users] Trouble/Error with Web deployment httpd/apache/mod_fcgid

dwdixon dwdixon at umich.edu
Mon Nov 23 15:57:59 EST 2015

This was sort of the problem....basically I installed many Perl modules via
cpanm and apparently that's a problem in certain circumstances which I'm not
totally sure about at this time.  To fix this error I installed the CentOS
@epel repo version of a few packages:

perl-UNIVERSAL-require.noarch..........0.13-12.el7......... at epel
perl-Log-Dispatch.noarch.................... 2.41-1.el7.1........ at epel

These are from @epel (as shown above) but now I'm stuck with an error based
on a perl module that does not have a package published in the epel repo:

Can't locate /Symbol/Global/Name.pm/ in @INC (@INC contains:
/root/perl5/lib/perl5/ /opt/rt4/sbin/../local/lib /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib
/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Config.pm line 57.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Config.pm line
57.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 159.

After getting this I searched the repo's for this package, I found and
installed this one:

perl-Symbol-Util.noarch             0.0203-4.el7               @epel

But this did nothing for me and doesn't seem to be what RT/Perl/httpd
wants.....So...It looks like I will have to build a package for the module
"Symbol::Global::Name" that I can install with yum......I tried the hacked
up solution suggested in the blog post you referenced, the OP said in the
quote below that this fixed it for him but I had no luck, it's a hacked in
solution anyhow....

"I fixed the issue by adding the following line in ther perl script before
any 'use' command."

use lib "/root/perl5/lib/perl5/" ;

Looks like your suggestion of installing a separate instance of perl that's
dedicated to RT is making more and more sense the deep down the rabbit hole
that I travel....I'm afraid that if I install a new separate instance of
perl it will break even more things since I suppose I probably have to
recompile RT after doing so and I don't want to lose the configuration state
of RT/RT-IR.....

I just saw Bill Cole's reply and it is EXCELLENT!!! I'm still re-reading to
comprehend but Bill if you get this reply I was drafting prior to seeing
your response so if you need to update your great info based on what I've
said here I'd be very grateful!!

-Drew