[rt-users] round-robin auto assignment?

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Tue Oct 27 12:22:06 EDT 2015

Am 27.10.2015 um 16:57 schrieb Asif Iqbal:
> anyone added a logic to not auto assign the ticket if it is created
> during holiday or weekends?
>
> We are using Lifecycles to implement Due date based on business hours
> using the SLA extension. But not sure how auto assign can take advantage
> of that.

If you have rt-extension-sla installed, then you can create a
Business::Hours [1] object in a RT scrip with:
my $bh = RT::Extension::SLA->BusinessHours;

If you don't have holidays in your sla config
(RT::ServiceBusinessHours), then you can feed the $bh from above within
you scrip.
We use Date::Holidays::DE [2] for this, which have the german holidays,
ans is also available for other countries.

Then you can check if you are within business hours with:
if ($bh->first_after(time()) == time()) {
    # within business hours
} else {
    # not within business hours
}