[rt-users] RT-Extention-Assets (1.05) - Lifecycle Question

Carl van Litsenborgh Carl.vanLitsenborgh at za.saabgroup.com
Wed Sep 2 03:36:39 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have updated my Assets_Config.pm file to include a second Asset Lifecycle as follow (added a new state called "devel" under active):

Set(%Lifecycles,
    assets2 => {
        type     => "asset",
        initial  => [
            'new' # loc
        ],
        active   => [
            'allocated', # loc
            'devel',
            'in-use' # loc
        ],
        inactive => [
            'recycled', # loc
            'stolen', # loc
            'deleted' # loc
        ],

        defaults => {
            on_create => 'new',
        },

        transitions => {
            ''        => [qw(new allocated in-use)],
            new       => [qw(allocated in-use stolen deleted)],
            allocated => [qw(in-use recycled stolen deleted)],
            devel     => [qw(allocated in-use)],
            "in-use"  => [qw(allocated recycled stolen deleted)],
            recycled  => [qw(allocated)],
            stolen    => [qw(allocated)],
            deleted   => [qw(allocated)],
        },
        rights => {
            '* -> *'        => 'ModifyAsset',
        },
        actions => {
            '* -> allocated' => {
                label => "Allocate" # loc
            },
            '* -> in-use'    => {
                label => "Now in-use" # loc
            },
            '* -> recycled'  => {
                label => "Recycle" # loc
            },
            '* -> devel'     => {
                label => "Under Development"
            },
            '* -> stolen'    => {
                label => "Report stolen" # loc
            },
        },
    },
);

When I create a new Catalog, this new lifecycle is shown, and I can create a new Catalog "linked" to this lifecycle (i.e. assets2).

When I create a new asset, all is OK, BUT the new status "devel" is NOT in the drop-down list! WHY?
Even after creation, I cannot change to this state!

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Carl van Litsenborgh