[rt-users] rt-mailgate needs http for comment

Alex Vandiver alex at chmrr.net
Sun Sep 6 02:32:53 EDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 11:22:48PM -0700, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:
> I had apache set to allow rt over https only.  Trying over http would fail.
>
> rt-mailgate was working perfectly fine over https when using
> "--action correspond".  However, when using "--action comment", it
> fails saying it is unable to connect.
>
> When I changed my apache configuration to allow http on local
> connections, it started working.
>
> I suspect there is some code in the comment path of rt-mailgate that
> is forcing it over the http connection, rather than properly
> deriving the connection from the url parameter.
>
> Being new to rt, I am open to the possibility I misconfigured
> something.  Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

I strongly suspect misconfiguration in your /etc/aliases.  The only
difference between correspond and comment paths is the value of a
query parameter that they POST:

    https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/bin/rt-mailgate.in#L168-L170

Check to make sure that you have https:// on all of your aliases, and
that you've run newaliases (or equivalent) after updating them.
 - Alex