[rt-users] mysql>=2.1018 ...MISSING

Bill Cole rtusers-20090205 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Sep 15 20:43:02 EDT 2015

On 15 Sep 2015, at 15:51, Jonathan Murray wrote:

[...]
> It's a different error now, but some progress as it's not related to
> mysql.
> I'm using this as my configure:
>
> ./configure --with-web-user=apache --with-web-group=apache
> --enable-graphviz --enable-gd --with-db-type=Pg
>
> I'm assuming that "Pg" means postgres. (configure --help doesn't
> actually specify postgres, just Pg)
>
> then:
>
> make testdeps
> make fixdeps
>
> Configuring DBD::Pg 3.5.1
> Path to pg_config? /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_config
>
> then I get this
> SOME DEPENDENCIES WERE MISSING.
> PG missing dependencies:
> 	DBD::Pg >= 1.43 ...MISSING
>
> Is it looking for postgres in a special location?

No, as it says: it is failing to find the DBD::Pg perl module, version
1.43 or greater. Why it isn't able to use the one that seems to have
been just configured (v3.5.1) is the key question. Perhaps something
about how you're running fixdeps is installing that module in a place
that testdeps can't find? Maybe you have SELinux enabled but the module
is being installed without a proper label?

You can see in the Makefile that testdeps and fixdeps both run
sbin/rt-test-dependencies, and all it does to check for dependencies to
to see if a "use" statement for each module fails.

> I can only find one pg_config on my system:
>
> /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_config
>
> I got my postgres from here:
>
> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos94-9.4-1.noarch.rpm
>
> Is it possible I'm using the wrong version of Postgres (9.4.1) with
> this version of RT (4.2.9)?

Very unlikely, and that certainly isn't the cause of THIS error.