[rt-users] New ticket layout change

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Fri Sep 18 10:58:51 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Kobus Bensch
<kobus.bensch at trustpayglobal.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am in the process of creating an electronic change request system in RT.
> At the moment the layout is as follows:
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |  Create new ticket                                     |  Basics
> |  Requestor                                                 | Queue
> |  CC |  Status
> |  Admin CC                                                  | Owner
> |  Subject |-------------------------------------------
> |  Describe Issue                                          |Assets
> | |-------------------------------------------
> | |Custom Fields
> | |CF1
> | |cf2
> | |cf3
> | |cf4
> | |cfr5
> | |cf6
> | |cf7
> | |etc
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> How do I move the Custom field section to the left and across the whole page
> for this one queue if possible?

JavaScript.

I've not rearranged the page with JS, but I'd imagine it could be
done. Good luck.

> How do I change the filed sizes for CF's on a per field basis?

JavaScript.

I have done quite a bit of work with CFs via JS and there is some
overhead to pay to get initially setup due to the JS needing to use
the 'id' of the element. I'd be happy to write up what I've done, but
let me know if you're serious about the undertaking - it'll probably
take 10 or 20 minutes to write it up.

Cheers,

-m