[rt-users] Help! I can have Full Text -or- Subject from the Simple Search box, but not both?

Al Joslin allen.joslin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:11:03 EDT 2015

I am running 4.2.11

I have install mariadb 10.0

I have enabled native mySQL full text search

It works fine - EXCEPT: it seems that I can have Full Text -or- Subject from the Simple Search box, but not both?

If I disable the full text from the RT_Site_config then the simple search box searches subjects but not attachments

If I enable the full text from the RT_Site_config then the simple search box searches attachments but not subjects

I don’t know how to proceed, this is not going to go over well…

I also have a custom field my users insisted on that will carry text — can I index and search more than one table (attachments) ?

thanks
al;