[rt-users] Can I use % wildcard within Query Builder on QUEUES?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 29 11:39:34 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Sally Ainsley
<sally.ainsley at lifecycle-software.com> wrote:
> Thanks Matt  for prompt response
>
> I was hoping to do something in the Query Builder as I would need to secure some technical resource internally to go down the perl route as I don't have the knowledge for perl.

Sure.

> I got the same error as you below when I tried the LIKE operator.  Perhaps LIKE doesn’t work on the QUEUE field for some reason.

Without looking into the code, there is a limitation on operators that
can be used with the Queue in building your search.

You could:

A. File a feature request asking for LIKE (or matches) to be added to
the operator list. I can't comment on the likelihood of it getting
cycles for a future release.

B. A perl dev in your company could hack up a patch to support it.

C. Ask Best Practical for a quote to get RT to do what you'd like.

Cheers,

-m