[rt-users] Searching for repeating tickets

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Wed Sep 30 17:59:03 EDT 2015

Jeffrey Pilant wrote:

> Can you search the custom field and look for it to be equal to
> Tickets.id?  That is, use the text "Tickets.id" instead of some number?
> Then when the SQL is formed, it creates something like: Select main.*
> from Tickets main "CF.{Original Ticket}" = Tickets.id Were you to set it
> to #456, it would look like: Select main.* from Tickets main
> "CF.{Original Ticket}" = 456
>
> By using the text of a field name for the original ticket id, I think it
> would match.

Thanks Jeff. When I saw your reply, I had hoped it would work, but
unfortunately RT quotes "Tickets.id" so the SQL WHERE clause generated is:

'CF.{Original Ticket}' = 'Tickets.id'

I tried manually editing that to remove the quotes, but then it fails with:

"Wrong query, expecting a VALUE in ''CF.{Original Ticket}' =
>Tickets.id<--here'"

There must be a way of doing this...

Keith
--
"Soccer is one of those things that the rest of world cares about more
than Americans do - you know, like healthcare, education and gun