[rt-users] data replication RT server to RT server

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Fri Apr 8 15:28:52 EDT 2016

If using MySQL you can do circular replication, I was keeping a “live” backup of our database for disaster recovery/failover using Tungsten.
But the point Ken made about database differences between versions is a HUGE thing to consider!!!

I run all RT upgrades in a test environment before moving to prod.
I got really tired of flattening and rebuilding test by hand so I hacked together this:  http://parishnetworks.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-script-to-flatten-rt-devtest-and.html

It’s pretty ugly so I wouldn’t use it as-is, but it may serve as a starting point for you.

-          Brent