[rt-users] Centos 7 - Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /rt4 on this server

Martin Wheldon martin.wheldon at greenhills-it.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 06:54:58 EDT 2016

Hi,

You need to firstly pick your deployment method from the web deployment
documentation.

I go for the nginx option, but I would suggest you use Apache and
mod_fastcgi as lots of people on this
list seem to be using RT in that manner.

The following will install mod_fastcgi on your CentOS box
yum install mod_fastcgi

Copy that example from the fastcgi section of the documentation:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.0/web_deployment.html#mod_fastcgi

If you have installed RT in the default location the paths should be
fine.

Now make the changes described in the section regarding Running RT under
/rt

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.0/web_deployment.html#Running-RT-at-rt-rather-than

You have already set the webpath in RT_Config.pm, however you haven't
added the correct
ScriptAlias path nor Location to your apache configuration.

Hope that helps

Best Regards

Martin