[rt-users] Importing ticketing data into the RT SQL database

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Wed Apr 27 14:15:43 EDT 2016

Hi Dave

Documentation can be found here:  https://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.4/

Not sure which side you made the custom fields on?  If you mean in the old system that you are importing into RT, it shouldn’t be an issue (not from the RT side I mean).
RT has some fantastic support for custom fields.  Some of the fields from the old systems that I exported (and imported into RT) went into stock/out-of-the-box RT fields (e.g. subject, date started, etc).  Others went into custom fields I had created in RT for the import.  These can be easily created and maintained via the RT web interface.
The CLI interface supports data entry into RT custom fields, as do the REST and Command-by-mail interfaces.