[rt-users] problems attaching files

Jeffrey Pilant jeffrey.pilant at bayer.com
Wed Apr 27 14:48:19 EDT 2016

liam writes:
>We are using RT 4.4.0 and appear to be having problems attaching files
>over some size around 100k. If we try to send an email with a larger
>attachment, the mail message just drops on the floor. If we try to attach
>a file through the web interface, the icon has an X over it and an error
>message appears when the mouse hovers over it, plus the attachment is
>dropped if we try to save the edit.
>
>Looking in the log I don?t see any messages being generated in either case.
>I do see messages generated when a file is successfully attached though.
>Our current attachment size settings should allow larger files than ~100k.
>
>Set($MaxAttachmentSize, 10485760);  # 10MB
>Set($TruncateLongAttachments, "true");
>
>I'm not sure what else to look at to determine what?s happening or where
>things are failing. Have I somehow mis-set the config, or could this be
>a bug in 4.4.0?

>From the RT Wiki:
  If you are using MYSQL, it also has a limit.
  for mysqld < 4.0.2 syntax under mysqld is:
      set-variable = max_allowed_packet=10M
  for mysqld > 4.0.2 syntax under mysqld is:
      max_allowed_packet=10M

  Please refer to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Program_variables.html

/jeff

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com