[rt-users] RT-4.4.1 bulk update error

Shawn M Moore shawn at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 5 14:13:35 EDT 2016

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 06:33, Rob Sterenborg <r.sterenborg at netmatch.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi Rob,

> We've recently upgraded from RT-4.2.12 to RT-4.4.1.
> Right now we get an error when merging tickets into one by bulk update.
> […]
> I'm not an RT nor a Perl wizard, and to me the error doesn't make much sense.
> Can someone please help me diagnose this problem?

Thanks for your report. I've confirmed this specific failure mode was indeed absent in RT 4.2.12, and present in RT 4.4.0 and RT 4.4.1, and created a ticket in our bug tracker on your behalf: https://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=32237

Can you try the following patch and report back on whether it works for you? It did fix the issue for me, but I was replicating the issue in a small test environment. If all goes well the fix will be included in RT 4.4.2.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/a99b566793518b051577d685432115140bec85d0.diff

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/a99b566793518b051577d685432115140bec85d0

> --
> Rob